Monday, November 3, 2014

Parents of Shooting Victim Offer Son's Killer a Home and a Job

Cailin Loesch
Staff Writer

Christopher Bazar, who shot and killed his best friend, Donald St. Laurent II, 29, back in 2011, has been offered a home and a job by the parents of the victim.

Bazar, who confessed that he was drunk and high at the time of the shooting, has long been supported in court by the parents of St.Laurent II, who consider him to be ‘like a son’.

Just minutes after the shooting, Bazar “sobbed uncontrollably” while on the phone with a 911 operator, frantically recalling what happened. He later said he had been drinking and smoking marijuana that night.

Bazar, now 30, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was initially sentenced to four to 10 years in prison. His sentence was reduced, however, after the parents of the victim begged the judge to lessen his punishment.

With only a few weeks left until Bazar is released from prison, Deborah and Donald St. Laurent continue to speak in favor of the killer. 'My son loved him, and I know it was an accident,’ said Deborah.

Once he is released, Bazar will move in with Deborah St. Laurent, in her home in Nashua. Donald St. Laurent will give him a roofing job at his construction company.

'It's the end of a long road and the beginning of a new one,' Bazar said, according to WMUR. ‘It's a good day. It's a great day.'

'Prison saved my life,' Bazar added. 'I’m very lucky, in an unlucky way.'

When asked about her motive to bring Bazar into her care, Deborah St. Laurent was self-assured.

'I know that this is what my son would want me to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment